Si-o-se-pol bridge

Si-o-se-pol bridge

Si-o-se-pol bridge or bridges Allahordi Khan House is a bridge with 33 spans, 295 meters long and 14 meters wide, which was built under the supervision of Allahordi Khan with the architecture of Hossein Bana Esfahani on Zayandehrood in Isfahan during the reign of Shah Abbas Safavid. The sprinklers and also the ceremonies of the Armenian pilgrims in Isfahan were in the Safavid period. The idea of ​​building the bridge was created in 1008 AH and in the twelfth year of the reign of Shah Abbas I, and in 1011 AH, Allahvardikhan Ondiladze Gorji, his famous general, was commissioned to complete the construction of the bridge. In the travelogues of European tourists of that time; There have been hints of holding this celebration. In this celebration, which was held on the 13th of July every year, people participated in this ceremony by sprinkling water and rose water on each other. The Armenians of Julfa, Isfahan, also held their pilgrimage ceremonies within the same bridge. This bridge is one of the masterpieces of architecture and bridge construction in Iran and has a unique beauty and grandeur. Percy Sykes called Sousseppel one of the world’s first steps, Chardin called it a masterpiece of architecture and wonder, and Dan Garcia called it one of the best architectural works in Iran. And in the words of Lord Curzon, “Man has no expectation of seeing what together can be called the most magnificent bridge in the world.” One of the poets of the Safavid period named Sheikh Ali Naghi has considered the history of building the bridge in a poem as a matter of history, the year 1005 AH and this year coincides with the days when the unique Chaharbagh Street was built. Siouxupel connects the Abbasi Chaharbagh to the upper Chaharbagh.

Si-o-se-pol bridge used to be the connection of the old Abbasi Chaharbagh to the upper Chaharbagh. Interesting comments have been made about the number of spans of this bridge. We know that 33 bridges have 33 spans, but this bridge has had 40 spans from the beginning, some of which have been abandoned over time and planted with trees, and has become the current 33 bridges. This historical bridge was a masterpiece of artists and architects of the Safavid era and its purpose was to facilitate the passage of people on the Zayandeh River. Among the facts mentioned for it is the way it is made, which moisture increases its strength. In addition, materials such as stone, brick, plaster and mortar have been used for its construction. And for this reason, as we see today, the flow of water under the bridge over time has not been able to cause damage to the bridge. Si-o-se-pol bridge were recognized as the longest bridge over the Zayandeh River.

Other historical bridges in Isfahan include Martan Bridge.

Marnan Bridge is the name of a bridge in the city of Isfahan, located on Motahhari Street, between the Metal Bridge and the Vahid Bridge. This bridge was originally called Marbin, which itself is a modified “Mehrbin” from the Avestan culture, and because centuries before the advent of Zarathustra, the temple of Mehrparastan was seen on top of Atashgah Mountain from all the surrounding villages, the name of this block was Mehrbin. In the Sassanid Pahlavi language, the name “Marbin” in the Sassanid period and subsequently throughout the 15th century of Islamic history of Iran has been known by the same name and the building dates back to ancient times, The urban coast of Zayandehrood was the southernmost opposite coast, there was also Marnan Bridge and it was the connection between the two north and south banks of the river in the westernmost part of Isfahan. The river was connected. The current shape of Marnan Bridge with its building facade has not changed in the Safavid era, but it has had frequent repairs. Four miles left to the city of Isfahan, the Zayandehrud River bends in a straight spiral and enters Isfahan. For this reason, it is said that the Marnan village is called Ramarian and they built the Marnan bridge in the same place and connects Julfa to the Marnan village. The bridge now has seventeen spans, but in the past it had more than this span, which is now closed. For some time, the name of this bridge was Sarfaraz. The reason for this naming is that in the time of Shah Suleiman the Safavid, one of the richest Armenians built this bridge. He achieved the title of Sarfaraz and was known as Sarfaraz for some time.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

You may also like...